Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The War that Saved my Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley



Summertime and the living is easy! I am loving having the time to read great books for children (and adults)!

For fans of historical fiction, I have discovered a wonderful author...Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. I read The War that Saved my Life first; it is the story of what happens to10-year-old Ada and her younger brother Jamie when they are sent away from London during Germany's attack on England in WWII. While their Mam's abuse and neglect is appalling, the love and acceptance they find once they leave the city is heartwarming and so well-deserved. The book expanded my definition of family and reminded me of how important it is to be loved and valued for exactly who you are. It also included just enough adventure and suspense to keep me reading to the end!

Mrs. N.








No comments:

Post a Comment